Magnet Schools of America acknowledges with gratitude the generous commitment of $10,000 from Dr. Judith Stein, First President of MSA, on December 31, 2013 to establish the MSA President Donna Grady-Creer District Award Fund.
Donna Grady-Creer was one of the founders of Magnet Schools of America in Columbus, Ohio and served President from 2000-2002. She continued her service on the Board of Directors until her passing in 2013. Donna was known for her beautiful voice that often served to provide music as emcee of the annual MSA Awards ceremony, as well as her visionary leadership, compassion, and love for magnet schools and Magnet Schools of America. Donna’s commitment to improved educational opportunities for children was evident in her community of North Little Rock, and Little Rock, Arkansas – and across the nation through her work with MSA.
Since Donna was a “district administrator”, this award acknowledges a school district that exemplifies equity, excellence, and diversity while sustaining magnet programs and schools against all odds.
- Must be a member district of Magnet Schools of America
- Must have at least two magnet schools that have been operational 10 or more years
- Must have at least one school that has received MSA Merit School recognition within the last 3 years
- Must have diverse student enrollment
- Must have hosted and/or participated in a Magnet Schools of America conference and/or summer institute and/or technical assistance conference within the last 3 years